Washing your baby
Washing your baby properly can help prevent skin irritation, redness and dryness.
- Wash your baby once a day, preferably in the evening. Bathing has a calming effect, which helps babies fall asleep.
- Bath water (or shower temperature) should be between 35°C and 37°C.
- Heat the bathroom to between 22°C and 24°C.
- Bath time should not last longer than 15 minutes.
- Do not use regular soap on your baby as it can cause skin irritation and dryness.
- After washing your baby, carefully dry her skin, including the folds, to prevent irritation.