Pregnancy and intimate hygiene
During pregnancy, mucous membranes in the genital area are often more sensitive than usual so you must be extremely careful when choosing a hygiene product. Unsuitable products can cause discomfort and put you at increased risk of genital infections.
- Do not wash more than twice a day.
- Do not douche.
- Use hygiene products containing soothing ingredients.
- Avoid vaginal deodorants and perfumed products.
- Wear clean underwear every day.
- After defecating, wipe from front to back and not back to front.
- If you experience unusual discharge, do not use vaginal suppositories without first consulting a doctor.
- If you experience genital irritation, do not use creams without first consulting a doctor.
Dr. Jean-Marc Bohbot