Menopause and intimate hygiene
Menopause often leads to dryness in the vulvar and vaginal areas. Using a suitable hygiene product can help minimise vulvar discomfort.
Do not wash more than twice daily, once in the morning and once at night.
- Do not wash too frequently, even if you experience intimate irritation or dryness.
- Do not wash with water alone. Even if this can provide temporary relief, it actually dehydrates mucous membranes.
- Use products with hydrating and soothing active ingredients.
- Avoid using antiseptic products on a daily basis.
- Do not douche.
- Do not apply just any cream if you experience irritation.
- Avoid underwear made of synthetic fabrics.
Dr. Jean-Marc Bohbot